Joint Pain Doctor – All You Should Know

An orthopedist treats joint pain commonly. He specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disorders of the musculoskeletal system, particularly the joints. A chiropractor, physical therapist, osteopath, physiotherapist, or rheumatologist may treat joint pain in patients who have been diagnosed with acute or chronic disorders of the musculoskeletal system. In most cases, joint pain can be relieved with the conservative treatment regime of the patient’s primary care physician, without the need for specialized medical care.Feel free to find more information at QC Kinetix (Round Rock).

Osteopaths, chiropractors and physiotherapists treat patients with moderate to severe swelling, deformity of the joints. If the disorder has resulted from a recent traumatic injury, then it may require surgery or other invasive techniques. However, if the disorder is long standing, joint pain doctors can suggest the use of anti-inflammatory drugs, steroid injections or surgery to remove scar tissue, promote healing of damaged joints and encourage the formation of healthy tissue around damaged joints. Osteopaths and chiropractors can also recommend exercises for patients who are unable to move their joints because of extreme swelling or deformity.

Chiropractors can make use of ultrasound, heat packs, electrical stimulation or manual adjustment tools to treat pain, stiffness in the soft tissues of the spine. They can treat arthritic conditions, sports injuries, and many types of degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system, including osteoarthritis, tendonitis and bursitis. A joint pain doctor may also recommend the use of physical therapy in patients who cannot perform normal activities because of severe pain, swelling or deformity of their joints.