Congratulations on your achievement! With a professional paint job, you’ve made the wise decision to increase the look and value of your house. Now comes the difficult task of locating a paint contractor. Don’t be concerned! These ten tips will assist you in locating a fantastic paint contractor who will complete a high-quality job at a reasonable cost and provide you with a positive home improvement experience.Find additional information at GSD Painting and Decorating Contractors.
1. A Skilled PAINT CONTRACTOR PRESENTS INSURANCE PROOF
While a decent paint contractor will claim to be insured, a GREAT paint contractor will show you a copy of his policy, which will show the amount of coverage he has for both property damage and bodily injury that may occur as a result of the contractor’s work. Paint products are extremely flammable by default, and you need to know that your contractor is adequately covered in the event of a disaster.
2. A good painter would never ask for a deposit.
While some painting contractors may require a deposit before starting work, well-established, profitable painting professionals have enough operating income to buy materials and pay their employees. AVOID ANY CONTRACTOR WHO REQUESTS A DEPOSIT! He would most likely be unable to pay his employees if he is unable to buy supplies. Every year, a large number of homeowners are duped by contractors who walk off the job – and out of town – with the deposit.
If you agree to some sort of advance payment, make sure the supplies have been ordered and are on your land, giving you some control if the contractor fails to complete the job. In the end, great painting contractors will never ask for a deposit.
3. A GREAT Painter Provides Excellent Warranties
A paint contractor’s warranty will reveal a lot about him. Paint suppliers value well-known contractors with proven reputations, so they provide extended – even lifetime – warranties on their paints because they know the product will be applied correctly. Less experienced contractors could not have valuable relationships with suppliers for a variety of reasons. On the labour side, a GREAT contractor hires dependable, professional painters whose job he knows he can back up with a labour warranty.
4. Exceptional Painting Contractors Go Above and Above
Since GREAT contractors understand the importance of a happy customer, they will concentrate on quality and include extras that demonstrate how valuable your company is to them. Look to see if the contractor provides the following services:
• FREE colour try-ons • Professional colour consultation
• FREE power washing • Two coats of paint – included in the price!
5. Exceptional Painting Contractors Provide detailed, professional quotes.
A great painting quote would include a full list of all the work that needs to be completed, including:
• FREE power washing • Caulking, sanding, and priming • Trim repair – GREAT contractors will know what needs to be done • Product details and application – GREAT contractors will know the right items for any job
Is the quote delivered professionally, in addition to its substance and accuracy?
• Is the quotation on letterhead from the company?
• Is the contractor’s licence number listed on the sheet?
• Does he have a landline phone number in his area? (Be cautious if only a cell phone number is provided)
• Do you have a tax identification number?
• Is there a work guarantee and any applicable product warranties?
Inexperienced contractors who use office supplies store business forms indicate that they haven’t put much effort into their business and may not be properly approved. It’s also possible that they aren’t paying income taxes.